Body Shop 3 Step Skincare Routine

One of my New Years resolutions was to try and keep a better night time skincare routine. 
I am aware it is nearing the end of January now and I have not yet established such a routine! However, it is never too late to start...
A few years ago in my blog I reviewed the nip+fab range which worked wonders for my skin, so I was on the hunt for the deep cleansing fix. 3 hrs in westfield later i had given up... It seemed to be sold out everywhere! That's when I stumbled into Body Shop. I remembered that I tried the Vitamin C range before and loved it, so decided to try out something new.

Instead of splashing out hundreds of pounds for on high end brands, I've picked out 3 products from The Body Shop to create my own 3 step cleanse, tone and moisturise routine. Totally affordable and something for everyone!
I've tried to tailor my picks to my skins needs rather than go for 3 products from the same range. I suffer from sensitive and incredibly dull skin.




The products are:
Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter
Seaweed Oil-balancing Toner
Vitamin E Sink-in Moisture Sleeping Mask

Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter
 Like the Nip+Fab cleansing fix, this is a product that is used to cleanse the skin and remove makeup. Unlike the Nip+Fab however, it is more like a balm than a cream, and is a lot more gentle on the skin.
My issue with a lot of cleansers is they leave my skin feeling a little red, raw and blotchy - especially if I'm cheating and just using makeup wipes as a cleanser! A habit I'm trying to kick...




This balm is made with camomile, a naturally soothing ingredient - perfect for sensitive skin.
Simply apply the balm onto dry skin, massage and watch the makeup start to melt off your face! It's an incredibly satisfying feeling! Then, either rinse with warm water or wipe away with a hot muslin cloth for a deeper cleanse. Luckily, I have hundreds of muslin cloths laying around being a new mummy (I know over investing in muslins would come in handy one day!) so I opt for the hot cloth to pamper my skin after a hard long day of all things mumsy! 

Seaweed Oil-balancing Toner
Toners are a great way to remove all of the excess dirt and oils what were left behind from cleansing. As well as removing leftovers, toners reduce the size of pores, restore PH balance to the skin and prevents future breakouts by decloggng pores!
This alcohol-free toner does just the jo perfectly, leaving the skin feeling refreshed. I love this toner, the smell is absolutely divine and you can actually feel it working its magic on your skin!




Vitamin E Sink-in Moisture Sleeping Mask
I'm fairly happy with my current moisturiser (Nivea Q10 day cream) - it's simple does the job and doesn't disturb my makeup. 
However, I was looking for something more to use at night to help plump up my skin. In the morning, my face feels dull and tired, especially when little one climbs into my bed at 4.30 in the morning every night!  A foot in the face is not an effective overnight skin treatment!



After browsing the shelves at Body shop I stumbled across this beauty. The jelly like consistency for cream was appealing, cooling on the skin and leaving a light barely there feel. No sticky rescue - which I absolutely hate in a night time moisturiser! This cream has such a lovely scent making it a real treat to use! To be used 1-2 times per week after cleansing and toning your skin, you'll wake with perfectly refreshed skin in the morning ready to face the day!

I absolutely love Body Shop products and cannot recommend them enough! I've always been such a fan - I always love their festive range that is brought out around Christmas too! That Green Apple body butter, and the mojito set that came in a cocktail shaker - genius! Plus everything they used is not tested on animals with a lot of their products complete Vegan! Amazing!

I hope you found this review helpful! I'll be sure to keep you updated on how it's affecting my skin - so far so good!
What are your favourite skin care products? Do you have a routine you'd like to share? Let me know!

Gem x

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I haven't been particular to my skin care routine or anything. I just don't want an oily face, and my skin is very sensitive as well. I' gonna try this.

    ReplyDelete