Talika Paris PHOTO-HYDRA DAY moisturiser review

A major struggle for me and my beauty routine is finding a moisturiser that suits my skin type.

I, like many others, have that annoying type of skin that is dry in places but can be oily in others. Combination skin. Bloody irritating.

I have tried so many different types of moisturisers - Nivea, Garnier etc... None of which have managed to cater for my bipolar skin!

I got sent this moisturiser a few weeks ago and have been using it daily under my makeup.

The Talika Paris PHOTO-HYDRA DAY moisturiser.



Initially I was using it alone, and I found my skin still felt a little tight and dry in places. 
I wasn't disheartened however as the normal-oily areas of my skin seemed well hydrated. I started using a serum underneath to target those dry areas.
(FYI the serum I used was one I had from the body shop from last years vitamin C range.) This helped enormously! My skin felt soft and supple and was the perfect base for makeup! I didn't even need to use a primer, which is always a bonus! The fewer products I can use on my skin, the better!

So having done some research on the brand I have found that the science behind this product is pretty awesome. The cream uses energy from natural light to reach the deeper layers of skin to moisturise it.
The cream also contains hyaluronic acid, a common ingredient and plumping agent in moisturisers to keep cells well hydrated.
Other ingredients include lipopeptide to soothe the skin and mango butter for nourishment.

This moisturiser is a great product to have in your beauty regime if you struggle to find a moisturiser that actually keeps your skin hydrated. 
For those of you lucky enough to have normal skin or even oily, this is perfect to use alone. However if you have drier skin I recommend you use any type of serum as a base.

At £25 a tube, it is a bit of an investment, but definitely worth the splurge. 
To me, skin care should be first priority. So it is better to compromise and use high street or drugstore makeup products if it means you use the extra money to take care of your skin.



0 comments:

Post a Comment