2020 Life Update

It's been a while since I've last written.
I always mean to write so much more often but something always gets in the way and it never goes to plan.

I have a lot of good ideas, it's just finding the time between being a mum and working full time plus planning a wedding and finishing a post-grad certification for work... 

So to fill the void and get the ball rolling, lets do a quick life update.


Mum-life:
My little girl is turning 3 in April.Shes growing up so fast, but i am kind of glad to see the back of the terrible twos. She has been a little bit difficult to deal with especially when going out in public - her behaviour can be so unpredictable! For example the other day, I took her to pizza express and she had a full on meltdown for no apparent reason. It was so bad I was too stressed out to eat my food when it came - i had to take it home! I was so embarrassed. I know shouldn't be because one day i'll look back with fondness and laughter.



Wedding Planning
The major things are all done now - Venue, catering, wedding band, photographer/videographers and cake. I still need to get the bridesmaid dresses, but we have chosen the colour and style of dress so its just a case of ordering more! 
I've had a makeup trial and loved the makeup artist, so pretty sure im going to book with her. May do one more trial as there were a few things that needed tweaking but i think im pretty much there. Obviously this whole Coronavirus thing has messed up a lot of things for us, I'm very reluctant to plan anything else or pay for services when the wedding may not even go ahead - and i'm not even sure if our insurance will cover us fully if we end up cancelling...



In Other News
I was recently diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).
I noticed that my cycle length was getting longer and longer and i was losing a lot of hair on my head, feeling tired and weak all the time and feeling overly anxious. I suffer from anxiety anyway, but it has been quite bad the past couple of months.



I visited my GP and expressed my concerns and she sent me for an ultrasound scan which showed i had multifolecular ovaries. You can have polycysitc ovaries without having PCOS, so we got a blood test to look at the hormone levels - which came back abnormal.
The two results together confirm that i have PCOS...
So what does this mean? It means I don;t ovulate regularly which could mean i may have trouble having another baby. Usually people develop PCOS in their teens and struggle to conceive as an adult, so in a way i am very lucky I have had Issy... but i do feel really worried about the future. I really want to have more children. And since i've already had one child I don't qualify for IVF on the NHS... another worry! 



PCOS also makes it difficult to lose weight, something i have been trying to do for the wedding! So i need to re-evaluate my weightloss program... I have been thinking about going back to the Live like Louise programme. You can read more about that HERE
I have discovered a few PCOS instagram gurus like @pcosweightloss who also does a very interesting podcast with her husband - @acysterandhermister

Once i come to grips with this whole thing i'll write a whole post dedicated to PCOS, i am still learning about this, but i know this is a very common condition that a lot of women are quietly living with!

I hope you all are staying safe, and staying home if you can! 
Look out for a post about the coronavirus and staying sane and healthy during these times! .

Gem
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment