What its to live with anxiety

Ever since I was a young child I have been struggling with anxiety.

By now you are probably thinking, my god does this girl not have any issues? But you know what, most people struggle with a lot of things in life, I'm just open enough to share it all with you, So here we go: What its like to live with anxiety.

1. Everything you think about is a battle in your head with yourself.

2. "What If" is a common phrase used in your vocabulary. What if I'm wrong. What if Ive not made the right decision. What if deep down I actually want Oreos instead of the Jammy Dodgers I just bought...

3. ... Therefore you can't make decisions very easily.




4.When you are upset about something you tend to over think it to the point where you are thinking about something COMPLETELY irrelevant from the subject that upset you in the first place.

4. Distractions don't work well for you. You could be doing something productive that requires maximum concentration and BAM, PANIC ATTACK. Good thing I don't drive...



5. Sleep is not a luxury you can indulge in when you are anxious about something. Interview at 9am, good nights sleep? I think not. Hello Starbucks...

6. Meeting new people turns you into a bucket of nerves. What if they don't like me... what if they notice I'm weird... what if they don't like star trek... again with the what ifs!

7. Anxiety for me leads to being over-honest. If I am nervous, I will say so. If you ask me a question that's a little personal, most likely I will answer it fully, And then worry that I've said too much later. Blurting, Common side effect of Anxiety.



8. Trains and Tubes are not your friend when you are anxious. Especially if they are hot and crowded. It makes you feel like you are suffocating and the journey suddenly seems 10X longer than it actually is.

Although being  a nervous wreck half the time is a mahoosive drawback to living with anxiety, there are some perks, believe it or not.

9. You care a lot about the little things, which generally makes you quite a caring person.
I like to go out of my way to make others feel better or happy. Have a cold? Expect a care package on your doorstep... or brownies... 



10. Hugs are your best friend. 
I turn into a bit of a hug monster when I'm nervous. Hugs are so good for the soul and they make you feel all warm and calm! 


And there you have it! 10 things about living with anxiety! Talking to a few people, some of these things are common in a lot of us, not just us anxious lot. Mainly girls though... but we tend to over think everything anyway...

Gem

Song of the day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0lw3qylVfY
Unsteady - X Ambassadors


0 comments:

Post a Comment