Hello World, it's been a while...

Hey everyone!


My life has changed so much, and its been so difficult to keep up with everything. 

I really wanted to carry on blogging, I've been coming up with new ideas every day, with drafts and mock-posts here and there on my phone or on bits of paper, but I've not had the chance to sit down and just write the all for a very long time.

This post Isn't going to be about beauty of skincare - this post is going to be about me, and what has happened since September.



A few of you may already know from reading my early posts and following me on Instagram that over the past 3 years I have been at uni studying to be a radiographer. Well, in March i interviewed for and was offered the position to work in a big London hospital as a radiographer when i finished my course at Uni! This job i started in early September. 
I was so excited to have a fresh start and meet new people and finally begin my career in the profession I had studied so hard for! Im not going to lie, i was terrified to begin with! If you've read my Confidence Rollercoaster post, you will know that i don't do too well in new environments and unfamiliar situations. But this time i was determined to not be the same old shy girl that people ignore and walk all over. I went into my first day with a big smile on my face and attempted to talk to everyone I came across. It was hard, and there were moments where i reverted back to my old self, but I was so proud of the progress i'd made that first week. I had even made plans with a new friend to go shopping that first weekend. It was so unlike me, and i loved it.





After a few weeks, i wasn't new anymore and the responsibility and pressures of working in a clinical environment hit me hard like a frying pan to the face.
I found myself stressed, tired, depressed, emotional, hungry all the time and overall very overwhelmed and uncomfortable. And to make matters worse, my boyfriend was all the way in Germany for an internship. I felt so alone.





it was all a bit much to handle at one point and i broke down at work, something i desperately didn't want to do. I was so embarrassed, and to this day i still feel the repercussions of my melt down looming over me like a dark cloud. People look at me different now, like I'm fragile, like i could burst into tears at any moment. It's annoying, but I've learnt to ignore it. 

Things got better after that, I began to get comfortable in my new workplace, learnt to deal with being by myself - i even moved out of my family home and into London! I have never lived by myself before, but there's something about having the control over everything in your own place that helps you to mature so quickly! I feel like such a grown up - cheesy i know! Its helped me in so many ways to just throw myself into new things and not get nervous or anxious! I do still have those episodes of anxiety every now and again about random things like money or meeting new people, but its more controlled and less often.




I even want to jump out of a plane of all things! For charity though - not because I'm mad...


Anyway...

I am back and will be posting regularly again! I am in the middle of organising a monthly fashion look-book post where i will take the seasons most popular trends and show you how you can make the most of them! 
Interested? Keep yourself posted by following me on twitter and instagram (@littlegem92)! you can also find me on Bloglovin' .






In my last post I hosted a giveaway for the Aqua Aria Porcelain Cleansing Bar! Thank you so much to those who entered!
I have picked my winners:
CONGRATULATIONS TO 
Lady Lucrecia - i really like the idea of using coconut oil! Its natural and I've also heard you can use it in your hair!
Colleen Marie - I love how you consider the environment when selecting your beauty products, something i will be doing in the future!

I will be contacting you via Instagram for your contact details to send you your prize! 

Thanks for reading guys,
I would love to hear what you think of my blog, any suggestions or if you need any advice about anything i have posted so far - beauty, fashion or life related!
Please comment below or contact me via twitter!

Love and Light,

Gem
xxx

Song of the day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ORhEE9VVg
Blank Space - Taylor Swift

0 comments:

Post a Comment