How To Create a Bridesmaid Proposal Box




During my year and a half since being engaged I spent the majority of my spare time trolling pintrest to create my perfect wedding.
Amongst my thousands of boards is a bridesmaid proposal board! 
I had never heard of proposing to your bridesmaids before – it’s not something that’s usually done in the UK… more of an American tradition I think! That said, I loved the idea of creating gifts for my bridesmaids to give to them when I ask them to be my bridesmaids!





I have 5 bridesmaids plus my sister, Zara will be my maid of honour.
Because I have so many bridesmaids, I wanted to keep the price of the boxes sensible! 
Here’s what I put in each of the boxes! I hope this will give you some ideas of how to create bridesmaid boxes of your own!





·         Bridesmaid robe
I ordered these from etsy by Viola Print (link below). I customised these with the maids’ names and role in the wedding! I got the silky robes with lace trim in the colour blush and myself the white one! 


·         Bride Squad PJs
These were on sale on boohoo. There nothing special, just some cute little PJs that the girls can wear if they want to – or not! No biggie, just thought they’d be a cute addition


·         Sleep eye mask
These were from Missguided, also in the sale!



·         Pink gin
I love miniature bottles of spirits but with it not being Christmas, they were quite hard to find in supermarkets! There is a great website called The Bottle Club that does miniature versions of your favourite drink! Mine is Gordans Pink Gin!


·         Customised Starbucks cup


I saw this come up a lot on pinterest. I am bloody obsessed with Starbucks and have been for years. I think people know me best attached to a Grande caramel latte! So I decided to customise the reusable plastic cups that you can get for £1 at Starbucks with these fab vinyl stickers from Etsy!


·         Mini Chocs
Little packs of Ferrero Roche’s!


·         A photo of myself and each girl with a nice message on the back
I thought this would be a nice personal touch and a way to tell each girl how much they mean to me. The girls I have chosen to be my bridesmaids have all been there for me in one way or another and are very special friends!

Proposal Card


·       
These little cards add a touch of humour to the box – It was so hard finding a day that all the girls were free as we all work together too! Plus they all talk to each other so kinda figured out they were all hanging out with me on the same day! Not so much of a secret after all… so I turned it into a girly brunch! They probably figured out what was going on when I told them I only wanted a certain few girls coming!


·         Save the date
These were custom made from Etsy by NiviDesign1




I hope this gives you a few ideas into what you can create for a bridesmaid proposal! It doesn't even have to be a box - it can be in a gift bag, in a personalised tote bag,  or wrapped in wrapping paper etc - whatever you like really! 

Gem x

0 comments:

Post a Comment