My Liebster Award Nomination

Hello everyone! 

The idea of this nomination is to get us smaller bloggers noticed more, as well as bringing us all together. The idea is to tag someone with 200 followers or less, and help bring them to the forefront. I was tagged by Beth Jones from Piercethesandshrew.

1) If you had to live the rest of your life with one album on repeat, what album would it be and why?

That's such a hard question to answer! I have such a love of music of all types, it is difficult to choose just one! However, the album that I have had on my Ipod, Iphone or MP3 Player since i was young is U218 SINGLES by U2. I grew up listening to U2 and their music. Their songs are so easy to listen to with a song for every mood. And lets not forget With or Without You that became Ross and Rachael's sort of theme song on the TV show Friends (which fyi is one of my favourite shows! Duh!) My favourite songs on the album would have to be One, Pride and With or Without You! If you haven't listened to this album, I really recommend you do! Its so different from whats in the charts at the moment, and is such a brilliant way have a breather from all that auto-tune and techno nonsense!!



2) What is your biggest beauty tip?

Always start your makeup on a clean canvas. NEVER put anything on top of residual makeup. It will never look right or feel good and you will almost always not feel confident about your makeup for the day!
Skin care is just as important or most likely even more so than the makeup itself!

3) Favourite blogger/vlogger and why?

Oh my goodness, there are so many Bloggers and Vloggers that have inspired me to do what i do today, including Tanya Burr, Pixiwoo and Zoella. But my absolute favourite of them all has to be Lilly Singh from iiSuperwomanii! She is a Canadian vlogger who mainly does videos on all things comedy. Lilly is one of the funniest people I have ever watched and never fails to make me laugh. I had the pleasure of meeting Miss Singh over the weekend at the Contiki Roadtrip 2014 in London. Thousands of fans (including myself) turned up to meet her and she stayed for hours without a break to meet them all! Keep your eyes peeled for my blog post on the whole experience coming soon!!



4) What was the last TV program you watched?


I am kinda hooked on this TV show called The 100. I know its not new for some of you that live in the states, but it has only just come to the UK. I am a big fan of the Hunger Games, and when this show promised a similar dystopian theme i was excited! and it did indeed deliver, With its dark story line of a dog-eat-dog world that (rather scarily) can be seen as quite believable, it doesnt fail to leave you gripped at the end! A must watch for those who love the fantasy type shows!


5) How many tweets have you done to date?


Since the 13th August 2012 i have tweeted 528 tweets! Not that much, but i have only become a twitter addict quite recently.


6) Favourite beauty product and why?


I am in LOVE with my Nars liploss in Orgasm. Best. Lipgloss. Ever. I have had SO many people ask me what it is and where they can get it, and it is such a flattering colour for the majority of skin types! REVIEW COMING SOON!


7) High Street or Designer?


Oh definitely High Street! There are so many different styles out there at such affordable prices. You don't have to  splash out a lot of money to create the look you want. However, I do like (or would like) to have a few designer pieces that are statement, like a coat or bag - something of good quality that will last me a long time! I have my eye on a classic Burberry trench coat!

 

8) Retro Campervan or a BMW?


I don't drive, but i think it would be fun to have a retro campervan! I could drive around and pretend to be one of Mystery Inc from Scooby Doo! Ah... I can be such a loser sometimes... 


9) Best product you've ever reviewed and why? 


Burberry's Sheer Foundation is the best product i have ever reviewed. I fell in love with this product over Christmas and have used it EVERYDAY since! it has lasted me so long and gives me such a perfect finish every time! The colour is just perfect for me and I love everything about it! If you would like to read my review on shopping for a foundation, please click here!

10) What is your favourite aspect of blogging?

I really like it when I have just written a new post and I have clicked the published button and I see my work online! I love the feeling of accomplishment I get when I put my posts online and I get feedback! 


11) Dream holiday destination and why? 


The Maldives.
Have you seen what it looks like? I don't think it takes a lot of explaining to know why i want to go there!

I tag:

Once you've completed the questions I'm about to list below, be sure to tag 11 others and create your own 11 questions for your tags to answer; the idea is to tag those with less than 200 followers, as well as tweet me so I can check out your answers.

1) How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
2)What is your dream job?
3)What is the last thing you bought?
4)What is the biggest risk that you've taken?
5)Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
6)If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
7)What is the last book that you've read?
8)If you could be a celebrity, who would you be?
9)If you could choose an era to live in, what would it be?
10)Cats, dogs or fish?
11)What is the best movie you have ever watched?

I hope you enjoyed this guys!

Love and Light
Gem 
xx

Song of the day:

U2 - Pride (In the name of love)


1 comments: