New Year, Cringey New Me

Hello... It's me...

This is my first post since... well I can't remember exactly but let's just say a lot has changed since the last time I typed. I've experienced a whirlwind of a year, facing challenges I couldn't have imagined myself capable of overcoming whilst enjoying incredible highs I could never have hoped for. In fact, so much has changed since my last post that in planning this post I wasn't even sure where to begin. Given this, I think it best to relaunch my entire blog and reintroduce myself as the new (and hopefully improved) Gem... Gem 2.0 if you will. I guess you could say, new year - new me (cringe - sorry!).

So here we go. I thought I'd give you a quick update on where I was when I last spoke to you, and where I find myself now. My life has changed drastically (for the better!)

Before:

If you recall in my last post I had just written about Sultana Fashion and how they were kindly sponsoring me for the Miss England Semi Finals (thank you to every one at Sultana, I remain incredibly grateful for your generosity). To cut a long story short, I just missed out on a place to the finals and well, I was pretty pissed about it! I worked super hard and still was not able to fulfil my dream of competing in the finals. In the build up to the event I was really confident that this year would be my year! I'd doubled down on my diet, focused more than ever on my charity contribution and internally felt better about myself, my body and my spirit than I had done in forever. To miss out on the finals crushed me.


 


I remember coming back on that cold train in the rain the next morning devastated, holding back tears. Those tears shortly turned to anger which then turned to determination to perform even better the next year and I began hatching my master plan. I drew countless mind-maps, wrote list after list, planning all the steps to take to achieve my goals. If 2016 wasn't my year, then 2017 damn well would be.

However, as with anything in life, things don't always go the way you plan!
 


Now:

Enter Isabella Daisy! My gorgeous baby girl, born Spring 2017 - my new life as a mummy had begun!

I absolutely love being a full-time mummy. Every moment with Issy, even those where I'm covered head-to-toe in her poop, is amazing and I adore watching her grow through each milestone; each and every precious moment. I am not looking forward to going back to work, I fear I am so going to miss her too much (maybe not the poop though!)...

With regards to my blog, I didn't mean to stop writing, it just kind of happened. Between the sleepless nights, the endless nappies and the constantly chapped nipples (sorry) I didn't give anytime to writing (cooking, exercising, brushing my hair, showering, doing my teeth, anything at all really). I suddenly have this new dream, something beautiful and wonderful to focus all my energy on! Hence why I've not written as much as I would have liked.



However, with the New Year upon us and the fact that I'm getting on top of this whole 'parenting thing', I thought it was time to return to blogging and share my journey through motherhood with you all. New Year's resolution confirmed!

So what do I plan to write about now? Well, you can expect to read about all of my highs and lows as a first time mum, plus I'll still be doing my regular beauty and lifestyle posts and reviews where I can! I had such a passion for blogging before and I regret that I haven't done so more in the past year. As I sit here now writing this post, I can tell I am WAY out of practise and am very grateful to Jack (oh yeah - you'll learn more about him in the future - he's kinda a big deal - his words, not mine) for his help in writing and proofing this. I hope as I continue to post with more frequency the quality of my blogs will increase, and who knows, maybe even be useful to other first time mums (and dads)!



I look forward to you following me and reading all about my crazy little life, and hope you may even find some entertainment in reading about my struggles along the way.

Love,
Gem
Xx

Song of the day:



0 comments:

Post a Comment