Miss Buckinghamshire 2016

On Sunday the 8th May, I competed in the Miss Buckinghamshire 2016 pageant.


Having previously entered in 2015 and placing 3rd, I was determined to place higher and possibly win the title (as were most girls who entered, I'm sure!)
This year, I had entered both the Miss Hertfordshire and Miss Buckinghamshire pageants. By the Miss Bucks finals I had already competed in Miss Hertfordshire and placed 7th overall, so I was already in pageant mode and ready to fight for that crown.

Rehearsals were great fun, I got to see some old friends again as well as make new ones! 



I had made a new Eco-dress for this heat and was rather proud of my creation! All though it was a bit awkward working the runway in a paper skirt and a bin liner for a top, it was by far the most successful outfit I had made to date.



Coming to watch were a mix of family, friends and work colleagues, all of whom cheered me on from the audience. I don't think I would have performed as well or as confidently as I did if it wasn't for their encouragement.



I am pleased to say that I placed 2nd (1st runner up) which is one better than I had placed last year! I also won the title of Miss Top Model, which was super exciting as I have never won a title before within a pageant heat!



As I came second, this means that I will be competing in the Miss England Semi Finals in June, which is further than I have ever gone in my pageant career. 



Joining me will be Jamsine, 2nd runner up.
Congratulations to Giorgia who placed 1st, she really did shine and won the judges over with her charm and beauty! Good luck at the finals! Maybe if I'm lucky I'll be able to join you!



I am very excited to start preparations for the semis! I'll keep you all updated on purpose progress with the new Eco dress and charity work!

ALL IMAGES CREDITED TO 

Love,
Gem
Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment