Pros and Cons of using Pinterest to plan your wedding



Hey everyone!


One of my favourite wedding planning apps has to be Pinterest! It is so easy to spend your time  scrolling through the amazing feeds! But as with anything, there are some benefits and limitations to using this app.




Here are a few Pros and Cons of using Pinterest when planning your wedding.


PROS:



  • Lots of ideas - 
Pinterest if full of amazing ideas. Just search for something and you shall find it! Its better than google or Instagram as it pools together pictures from Instagram, blogs, websites that fit the criteria you search for!


  • Things you hadn’t even thought of
There are details that I hadn’t even thought of before I came across them on Pinterest that now I don’t think I would exclude from my wedding! For example, I am getting married in winter and I searched “Winter Wedding” and came across the cutest picture of blankets in a box with a sign that said “To have and to hold, in case you get cold” – TOTALLY DOING THAT!



  • Creative
Going on the above point, Pinterest gives you plenty of ideas to get a bit creative with your wedding! Lots of details pictured with unconventional things you don’t see at your everyday wedding that will leave your guests stunned.



  • Organisation
You can create boards on Pinterest where you can categorise the different aspect of your wedding! Channel your inner Monica Geller, folks! Its virtual label making!
I’ve got boards for flowers, boards for different colour schemes, bridesmaid boards, groomsmen attire, makeup ideas and even one for the table place names! Go crazy!




  • Options
There are so many different ways to hold a wedding, and if you make your boards like I explained above, you’ve now given yourself tonnes of options. If your torn between 2 colour schemes, you could create boards for each and compare the two to help you decide!



  • Diys and Money saving tips
There are so many different DIY projects you can find, with links to videos or instructional blogs on how to create a DIY wedding. I know I have found a few things that I’d like to create myself! Amongst the DIYs are tips on how to save money. Little charts or informative pictures on what’s important to spend money on and when to hold back.
Take a look at these Proposal boxes i DIYed for my Bridesmaids! I got the idea off pintererst, and most of the products from etsy. Click HERE to find the post.




CONS:


  • Mismatched
Although it’s great to get loads of ideas, you risk wanting everything you see on Pinterest and having a bit of a weird wedding where things don’t match… you wouldn’t want to have DIY this that doesn’t match your other DIY that… or a rustic inspired table setting with lego inspired centre pieces…



  • Stress to strive for perfection
I’ve seen this lots. Ladies who spend their life on Instagram and Pinterest wanting the best wedding possible, watching all those youtubers and influencers with their expensive ideas and trying to create the same thing. Simple is more effective. Take a few things from Pinterest by all means but don’t get stressed out thinking "is this insta-worthy enough?" Use things that will make you happy to see them on your special day instead of what you think other people or insta followers would like.


  • Might not be available where you live
A lot of the things I came across on Pinterest were Products or services I was not available to buy in the UK. Most of it came from America or Australia, which was a bit annoying. So be careful what you fall in love with! Or if you’re feeling creative you could try and DIY!



  • Expensive
Trying to have a lot of the details from a Pinterest wedding can be very expensive. Try taking a few ideas here and be open to other suggestions from suppliers. Don’t base your entire wedding off Pinterest ideas as it will add up! Remember also - a lot of the ideas you see can be from styled shoots, where products will be vamped up and decorated to the max to try and attract customers – not many weddings will have these extravagant showcase details!


  • Confused
Usually brides (or grooms) will go into their engagement with some sort of idea of what you want. Spending hours looking at Pinterest may confuse you a little and blur the lines on what you want and don’t want, all because you’ve seen examples of things you might not need done amazingly!
This has happened to me so many times. If you find your getting a bit confused, take a break from Pinterest and come back when you’ve had time to think away from the pictures. Then be strict and delete the boards and pins you don’t need anymore. It will save you going back and thinking “oh maybe I should have picked this colour scheme because these pictures all look amazing…” Trust me, what you have in store for your guests will be amazing and totally Pinterest worthy too.



You can follow my pinterest account lazymumclub for ideas on how to use pinterest! I have made some of my boards available to you as examples - i also use pinterest for other ideas like outfit inspiration! You can click HERE and take a look!


I hope this post has given you a little more insight on whether or not to use pinterest to help plan your wedding. If you found it useful please do comment below, I'd love to hear from you! What other apps have you found useful for wedding or even party planning?


Gem x


*DISCLAIMER* Pinterest have in no way sponsered me to write this post or promote their app - I am writing this purely because i enjoy using the app!*

0 comments:

Post a Comment