Valentine's Day Make-up Tips x

Hey girlies!

ITS VALENTINES DAY TOMORROW!!!

I LOVE Valentine’s Day! It gives me the perfect excuse to dress up like a complete girly girl and not have to explain myself to anyone!

Pinks, reds, creams… all those romantic colours come in to play on this so called “holiday” and I just love it!

I have put together a few easy makeup looks that you guys can recreate at home. One is a pink girly natural look and the other is the classic red and romantic look. I have been known to wear both of these looks, and I always get compliments on my makeup. You don’t have to use the same exact products though! This is just a suggestion for you guys to take away and put your own spin on it! Or you can do the same, up to you!!


The Natural Pink Look

This look is such a cute look to create. The key products I have chosen are the Maybelline Dream Touch Cream Blush in Peach and MAC Crème sheen Lipstick in Pure Zen. These two colours complement each other perfectly; they are both a very light peachy pink.

The cream blush by Maybelline goes on so effortlessly and is easily blended into the skin/foundation underneath. The warmth of your fingers and your skin on your face allows the product to blend into your skin easily, giving a sheer finish. This is the perfect blush if you just want to give your skin that light flush look. Because it’s a cream formula, the finish gives you a healthy dewy glow instead of a matte finish that you would usually get with a powder blush. The only thing I don’t like about this product is that the pot is so small you almost have to dip your finger in it, and it gets under your nails, which is a bit annoying! Otherwise a great buy for a simple and effortless blush.



The MAC Pure Zen Lipstick is one of my favourite lipsticks I have ever had. The formula is so creamy and rich! It doesn’t dry out the lips and is very long lasting, provided you prep your lips correctly. It is such an effortless nude and compliments most skin tones, especially the mid-dark skin tones like mine. Being mixed Indian and English I always find it so hard to find a light pinky peach colour to suit me, one which won’t wash me out! This one does the job perfectly; I really recommend you give it a go! And with spring round the corner, this is the perfect colour to transition from the cool and darker tones of winter to the light and airy tones of spring!

I like to wear these two products with a light brown smokey eye (almost natural) and neat and groomed eyebrows. Some of my favourite products to use are Trick, Factory or Mugshot from the new Naked 3 palette from urban decay teamed with a light brown matte colour all over the lid. I like to use the medium brown from the Storm palette by Sleek. Use the eye shadows from the naked palette with a light hand, and just to accent the eye; these colours are quite shimmery! You don’t want to overdo it!

The next valentines look is the classic red and romantic look. 

My favourite key pieces are Ruby Woo by Mac and Blood Orange Gelly Nail Varnish by Barry M.

Ruby Woo is one of Mac’s most well-known red lipsticks and I absolutely adore it. It is so pigmented and the colour does not fade at all! It is super long lasting and dries quickly so there is an unlikely chance at it will smudge or bleed. The only criticism I have is that it dries your lips out quite a bit, so it is very important you hydrate your lips thoroughly before hand and gently exfoliate away any dead/chapped skin. You could also benefit from a layer of Lipcote to seal it.

Barry M has a line of nail polishes with a “Gelly” formula. The finish is high shine and long lasting. It is supposed to mimic the effect of having professional gel nails put on. I first discovered this range last year, and I have to say that these are the best nail varnish I have had in a long time. They are so chip resistant it is unbelievable. Just don’t forget to put a layer of clear nail varnish underneath as a base. The colours are also really pigmented and have super cute names like “blood orange” “blueberry” and “prickly pear”. The Blood Orange nail varnish goes perfectly with the Ruby Woo lipstick, nothing looks better than when your lipstick perfectly matches your nails. Such a gorgeous look!

Because your lips and nails are quite bold in this look, it’s a good idea to keep the rest of your makeup pretty simple. Use a subtle bronzer on the cheeks instead of a blush, such as the Bourjois Delice de Poudre, and have a thin non-winged out black gel eyeliner along the top lash lines. Finish your look with a few coats of lengthening mascara. My favourite is the Maybelline Falsies Mascara which always makes my lashes look super long! Simple makeup for such a statement look!

I have a favourite perfume which I save for special occasions: Dolce and Gabbana – The One. With a base of vanilla and musk, a heart of jasmine and top notes of peach and mandarin, this perfume is the perfect combination of feminine scents to create such an alluring and sensual fragrance. 

Spray your favourite perfume on your pulse points (wrist and neck) and along your hemline (if you’re wearing a dress or skirt) to allow your perfume to radiate in bursts of fragrance when you move!


Whatever your make-up look this valentine’s day, remember that less is more!

Good luck and Have a great valentine’s day! Thanks for reading guys :)

Love and Light,
Gem

xxx


Song of the day:
Dark Horse - Katy Perry ft Juicy J




0 comments:

Post a Comment