Glossy Box February 2014

Hey girlies!

It’s been a while since my last post, I am so sorry! I’ve been so busy with work for university. As it’s my last year, the workload had literally increased by 10 times, I never expected to be so bogged down with work- there is always something to do!

I am working on a few posts at once, including on a skincare routine to minimise pores, which was suggested by a friend of mine, and I’ve found it’s such a common problem. As with all the products I review I like to try them out first to give you all an honest review. It’s been 3 weeks since I started this new routine and I am seeing results. In the next week, a detailed post will be up on the skin care routine I’ve been doing.

Recently I signed up to a beauty box subscription called Glossy box. For those of you who are unaware of what a beauty box is, it’s a package of samples and full sized products sent to you to every month to try out. I thought this might be a good idea as I get to review different products for you guys that are not as well known, or quite new. I originally wanted to subscribe to the Ipsy Beauty Bag by Michelle Phan, but unfortunately they don’t ship internationally. However they have just started shipping the EM range by Michelle, so maybe they’ll start shipping Ipsy internationally too!


The February Valentines Glossy Box arrived a couple of days ago and I am really happy with the contents. 
             



Inside were: 
Ciate London Paint Pot (nail varnish) in Raspberry Collins
H2K Skincare “Je t’adore Aromatics Shampoo”
H2K Skincare “Sensual Hydrating Hair Conditioner”
Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing taupe
Nougat London Sparkling Body Shimmer in Cherry Blossom
Sleep In Rollers Backcombing Brush
Lindt Lindor Treat Bar


I absolutely love all of these products and very impressed for the first box!

Ciate London Paint Pot (nail varnish) in Raspberry Collins

      This product was a full sized product usually priced at £9 for 13.5ml. I really love the colour they sent me; it’s a very vivid hot pink, which is usually the type of colour I go for, especially for my toes. The finish is super glossy and even; it looks like a professional finish which is amazing for the price of the product. It’s also surprisingly very fast drying! Like all nail varnish it’s recommended that a topcoat is put on top, but other than that, it’s very long lasting and pretty chip resistant. I did a full day of housework today and my nails are still pretty much in perfect condition. I love the packaging; the little bow on the bottle is so cute! www.ciate.co.uk

H2K Skincare “Je t’adore Aromatics Shampoo” and H2K Skincare “Sensual Hydrating Hair Conditioner”

My hair is pretty dry at the ends, and this product is apparently really good for dry hair. I’ve used them twice now, and I have to say I agree. For a start the smell is so gorgeous, I think I’m in love with the conditioner! When I first used the shampoo, I was a bit confused as it wasn’t lathering the way other shampoos do. But it lathered quite a lot on the repeat, so I think it’s one of those products that only lather when the hair is clean. Either way my hair and scalp felt SUPER clean after. The conditioner is amazing. I usually avoid using conditioner on the body of my hair as it makes my hair quite greasy, but this conditioner just nourished my hair and made it feel silky smooth. After blow drying, my hair looked super smooth and healthy, like it does after coming out of the hair dressers. I love these products and will definitely be buying the full sized products! £2.49 for both products at www.h2kskincare.com.


Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in tantalizing taupe

      I’ve been looking for a new nude to replace the one vie been using by L’Oreal. I really love this one! The colour is a taupe colour with a hint of pink. It really suits my skin tone a lot and am really happy with it. It does feel a little dry on the lips by its self, but that may just be because I’m recovering from a cold, so my lips are a little dry and chapped anyway. However, using a lip balm underneath helped a lot. I always hydrate my lips before lipstick anyway! This product is retailed at £6.99 from Superdrug or Boots.


Nougat London Sparkling Body Shimmer in Cherry Blossom.

I wasn’t really feeling this product when I first opened my box… body shimmer? This isn’t 1999… I remember putting body glitter on my face when I went to parties when I was 7!

But I took that all back when I tried it out. OH. MY. GOD. This product smells divine. I could eat it! And it’s not obviously shimmery! It gives the skin a noticeable glow, but not so noticeable it looks weird. It’s recommended it’s put on the neck, chest and legs. I think this could good to put over your arms and legs when you’re going out clubbing, such a lovely finish! Definitely recommend this – just smell it, you’ll fall in love! £14 for 250ml at www.nougatlondon.co.uk.


Sleep In Rollers Backcombing Brush


Usually when I backcomb my hair I use a comb. This brush was really good at backcombing, it was so much easier to use and did the job a lot quicker. The bristles are a lot better to use than the teeth on a plastic comb, and doesn’t pull or tug too much! Backcomb in sections and spray with a bit of hairspray for a volumised and glamorous look! £4.50 at www.shop.sleepinrollers.com.




As for the lindt bar, yummy as ever! That was gone within a couple of minutes! Thanks for the treat Glossy box!

I hope you find these reviews helpful! I was really happy with every single product, have a try! You won’t be disappointed!

Thanks for reading guys!


Love and Light
Gem 

xx


Mariah Carey - Emotions





0 comments:

Post a Comment