NARS UK Conference 2014


Hey Girlies!

At the end of March I was invited by NARS to take part in the UK conference that is held annually by the top makeup artists of NARS.

NARS is one of my favourite makeup brands, the products are always so well made and such a good quality. So naturally I was excited to attend! I was asked to be a makeup model for 2 days, where makeup artists from around the UK would come and practice different looks.

On the first day the models were split into two groups – XRAY and FAIRYLAND. I was placed into XRAY, which I found rather appropriate given my day job is to work with x-rays! 



I had two lovely makeup artists who (evidently from the pictures) had a lot of fun experimenting with the challenges given. There were 2 makeup challenges - "No make-up” makeup and “Colour”.  I absolutely adored the first look, it was so fresh and flawless, definitely something I will be recreating at home no doubt! 


The second look however was a little strange, but nevertheless appropriate for the task. The makeup artists took inspiration from the movie Black Swan with a twist of colour. After gluing down the end of my eyebrows, the girls re-drew them in a kind of Spock-like fashion teamed with a blue and green themed exaggerated winged eye shadow. I didn’t see the makeup until they had finished and it was time to take the pictures for the look-book. I was so shocked but it was amazing to see their work and how they had created such an exciting look from the original natural makeup!



It was definitely a fun experience and the photos have gone straight into my portfolio.




The second day was a little more intimate. There were fewer models this time and it was the top NARS makeup artists’ turn to practice their techniques for “Runway” makeup. The task was simple – to create a look in 20 minutes inspired by anything of the artist’s choice, however they had to be prepared to present the look and explain the inspiration to the organiser.

      


The artist that did my makeup was called Federico Gregorini, a Nars International Pro Stylist. He did an amazing job on the makeup and was so friendly. He gave me loads of tips on how to do makeup, and I loved his inspiration for the makeup. He took his inspiration from a French advert from the 80’s by Serge Lutens starring Elena Koudoura. In the advert Elena is running through a maze and comes across a robot. The advert is quite futuristic and artistic and the makeup is just flawless. (you can watch the advert here). Federico did an amazing job recreating the look and I just loved it. He has a few videos on YouTube if you guys want to have a look at his work!


Overall my experience with NARS was absolutely amazing! I met another blogger, Monica Wong, who i actually used to work with a couple of years ago! Check out her AMAZING blog - WWW.MONICAWONG.COM.


I got lots of lovely makeup to play with too, so expect quite a few reviews on NARS products very soon! I also expect to be working with NARS again in a few weeks, so I will most definitely take lots of pictures and write about it very soon!


Do you have a favourite NARS product? If so I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment!

Thanks for reading guys! I hope you enjoyed the pictures from the shoot!

Love and Light,


Gem xx

Song of the day:
Sing - Ed Sheeran

0 comments:

Post a Comment