VMA 2014 Review

Hey Guys!


Can we all just take a moment to think about this VMAs for a second...

Wow.

What a show! I don't usually watch awards shows like this, but when i heard the line up to perform included Taylor swift, my bae Ariana Grande and the QUEEN herself, Beyonce, I knew i had to watch it.


Now most of the videos are not available in the UK at the moment, so I had to find a bunch of different links and piece together the show the best i could... but from what I have seen, i will most definetly be watching the VMAs every year religiously from now on! 

First to open the show was Ariana Grande, the new princess of pop. Dressed in a glittery bodysuit and matching over-the-knee boots, Ari dazzled the audience with her new single "Break Free" featuring Zedd. Now i love everything about Ariana Grande - from her trademark hairstyle to her cute as a button voice, and this performance not only increased that love but enhanced it SO much I am considering naming my future child after her. Boy or Girl. I don't care... yup, i am THAT obsessed. 
And after a slightly disturbing, but still somewhat mesmerizing, performance of "Anaconda" from Nikki Minaj, Ariana was back on stage to join Jessie J in a performance of their new single "Bang Bang". And i was slayed once again. I mean i LOVE her. She hasn't been on the charts scene for very long and has already had like 5 top hits, 3 of which were in the top 4 AT THE SAME TIME! Ariana Grande picked up and award for best pop video for "Problem".
With a current number 1 album on itunes, i expect BIG things from Miss Grande in the upcoming year.

My next favourite performance of the night was from the gorgeous Taylor Swift, or as i like to call her T Swizzle... because im gangsta like that... Im really not, but you know... (I just want to be included OK?).
She sang her epic new single "shake it off" - which FYI is the song of the day in my last post "My Confidence Roller Coaster" which you can read HERE.
I absolutely love Taylor's perfomances! she really knows how to charm an audience! And even though she claims she "cant do sexy", she sure as hell looked it shaking that thang in her fringed co-ords! (I realise the whole gangster talk is TOTALLY cringe... just humour me OK?)

Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" received the award for Video of the year, and instead of using her given time for an acceptance speech, Miley gave the spotlight to Jesse, a homeless runaway, to speak about homeless youth in Los Angeles . Jesse gave a touching speech asking for viewers to go to Miley's Facebook page and donate to the charity. Miley was seen sat by the side of the stage with tears in her eyes - not the same Miley we saw last year twerking away with her tongue hanging out all over a certain Robin Thicke...  

Other performances included Maroon 5 with "One more night", Iggy Azelea and Rita Ora with "Black Widow" and an emotional rendition of "Stay with Me" by Sam Smith.

But it was of course Beyonce who stole the show with a medley of her ENTIRE album. The choreography was just incredible, looking stunning in yet another sparkly bodysuit (these seem to be trending... i should get me one of these...). And as if we couldnt get any more jealous of this all round bootylicious diva, up comes none other than Jay-Z and little Blue Ivy to present her with the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard award. I mean, as if it wasnt enough to just kill us all with such a groundbreaking performance, she has to show off her perfect little family too? Bey, i know you be like some sorta age-defying, perfect child making goddess and all, but dude, give us mere mortals a chance to catch our breath! Blue Ivy is one hell of a lucky little girl with a mama like that, all im saying... 
And I know there are all these rumours about Beyonce and JayZ splitting up, but i hope these are all false as they do make such a lovely family and give us small town human beings something to admire and look up to! I mean if Beyonce cant make it work then who can?! (Sniffle...)

All in all, such an amazing bunch of performances and well deserved awards given out. If you want to view the performances and a list of all the awards of the night click HERE for the MTV website... although i don't think it works for us English Folk at this present time...
I purposely havnt included any pictures on here for copy right reasons so please head over to the MTV website to check them out! 

In the meantime, please enjoy this picture of what my face looked like after I'd finished watching the show...

Silently questioning my whole life...
Yeah. It was that good.

I hope you enjoyed my review, please comment below if you have any opinions on any of the performances of the night!

Love and Light,
Gem
xx


Song of the Day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HDdjwpPM3Y
Jessie J + Ariana Grande + Nikki Minaj - Bang Bang

0 comments:

Post a Comment