Contiki Roadtrip 2014

Hey guys and girls!

So just over a week ago on the 3rd of August, i went down to the Business Design Centre in Angel (London) to meet one of my favourite Youtubers in the whole world - Lilly Singh aka iiSuperwomanii.



Lilly Singh is an extremely talented 25 year old of indian descent from Canada, and is famous for her comical videos about general topics many people would find stressful or irritating. She is also very well known for her imitations of her parents, Manjeet and Paramjeet!

Lilly as her dad, Manjeet Singh
Lilly had tweeted a couple of weeks ago about her meet up in London for the Contiki Roadtrip 2014 and i was so excited to sign up for tickets! I have never met anyone famous before (except Harry Styles... but that doesnt count as i didnt actually speak directly to him... i just stared at him standing behind me with his agent in the queue in disbelief while i waited for my smoothie at Boost) so i was super excited to meet the girl who is partly the reason why i started blogging in the first place!



I made sure to get there really early... but there were still so many people there! i know that they wern't all there to meet Lilly, as other Youtubers were also going to be there - Louis Cole, Joey Graceffa and loads more! But i was there on a mission to meet Miss Singh. Prepared for a 5 hour long wait, i joined the enormous line with my packed lunch in one hand and camera in the other. I had come with my sister, so i wasnt completely bored! even though at one point i had resorted to drawing on her face with red lip-liner...


As we got closer to the front, i caught sight of my idol for the first time and i began to feel so nervous. People always say you should never meet your idols, as almost always they are never what you expect them or want them to be. THANKFULLY that wasnt the case with Lilly! The poor girl had been there ALL DAY and was meant to finish at 3pm, but still had over 200 people to meet and take pictures with - myself included. She looked so tired and (as i was informed by a marshall later on) had not taken a break once! And she still managed to keep a massive smile on her face and be all cheerful and energetic for her fans!

All the people Lilly had left to meet after 3!

I did get a picture with her and i was so happy (especially since she said i was gorgeous, which MADE MY DAY!) and managed to have a very brief chat to her! she was so lovely and humble about everyone who had turned up to meet her and i fell even more in  love with her than i already was!





While i was there i did also meet Louis Cole from FunForLouis, another Youtuber who vlogs about his crazy travelling lifestyle. He was also super friendly, and smelt really nice i must say!



If you want to check out Lilly and her HILARIOUS videos (and i really recommend you do!), please click here!

Overall the experience was a tiring one, but it was all so worth it to meet the person who has inspired me to keep writing, and the person who has inspired me to start up a Youtube Channel! Yes, you read correctly! I, Gemma, an awkward English 20-something year old, have decided to start filming vlogs and tutorials... I have actually had the channel set up for over a year, i just never had the courage to go ahead and do it! 
Keep your eyes peeled over the next few weeks for my videos, i will probably tweet/instagram about it too so watch out for that!

I also have a few more reviews coming up, which is all part of my updated skincare regime, so if you are looking for a new way to look after your skin, watch out for that in the next coming weeks!

I hope you enjoyed this post, please do contact me by leaving a comment or tweet me @littlegem92 as i really do love to hear what you all think, or know if people are actually reading this!

Love and Light!
Gem x

Song of the day:
Little Mix - Salute


0 comments:

Post a Comment