Dinner at Sketch

Hello everybody!

Sorry i havnt been able to post, but my laptop has decided to give up on me and play dead...
I've managed to revive it, but i have a feeling its running on borrowed time here!

So I recently went to dinner at Sketch for a friends birthday, and i absolutely loved it! I thought I would do a little review for you all, especially for those of you (like me) who always look at reviews of places to eat before going there yourself!



Sketch is an 18th century townhouse transformed into a restaurant and lively bar at night.
It has 3 rooms where you can eat - Gallery, Parlour and Library. 
We were seated in the main dining room, Gallery, a pink wonderland with playful and entertaining framed doodles on the walls. 




The cuisine is mainly French food, which all looked so delicious, i could hardly choose what to order.
The cocktail menu was equally as thrilling, with quirky concoctions as well as the classics with a twist.





I went with the Fish&Chips, thinking i was going to get a fancier version of the well loved british favourite.
But no, the "chips" were crispy skinny fries arranged in a sort of nest, on top of a spring roll (not your usual spring roll - a mix of shredded lettuce, coriander and onions wrapped in a lettuce leaf), with the breaded Pollock served on the side with an extra portion of the crispy skinny fries. It also came with a side of mushy peas and Bearnaise.

For my drink, i ordered a mocktail called Midsummers Night Dream. I cant remember exactly what was in it, but i remember ordering it because it had elderflower in it, which i absolutely adore!





The Highlight of the evening funnily enough was visiting the bathrooms...
Multi-coloured tiled ceilings and bubble mirrors with the toilets concealed in a sort of egg/pod. I swear i could hear sound effects inside, like alien noises. Others in our party swore they could hear baby chicks!

Overall the meal was a good one! A little pricey with the menu, however it is definitely worth the experience! With lots of other different rooms to visit, I'd say I will be coming back again! I hear they do a lovely afternoon tea...

Images By Raj Sohpal (Instagram @rajsohpal)

Thanks for reading!
Love and Light
Gem
xx

Song of the day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPgEgaPk62M
One Last Time - Ariana Grande



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tweet me @lazymumclub