Miss Hertfordshire 2015 - Week 1

Hello Everybody!

It has been two weeks since I had my audition and found out i was through to the finals of the Miss Hertfordshire 2015 pageant!

My Headshot for Miss Hertfordshire 2015!

I've had a pretty productive 2 weeks and have set my goals for the various rounds in the competition, including charity and eco-wear.

For the charity round, us girls need to raise money for the Miss World charity - Beauty With A Purpose (you can read more about the charity HERE), a charity helping disadvantaged children around the world.

I have researched and decided I would like to do a skydive... I've always wanted to do something crazy for charity and this seems like a good opportunity to do so! I mean... I cant think of a better way to raise awareness than to throw myself out of a plane...

On a calmer note, I am in the middle of arranging a bake sale! I love baking so much, and i haven't baked since i moved house, so I am looking forward to creating lots of little cupcakes etc! I also have a few master chef friends who i may ask if they wouldn't mind baking a few bits and bobs!

Like I did in 2013, I will be doing the sponsored walk again, I loved doing that - it was such a nice day to walk along the Thames. I thought maybe I'd dress up in a costume - like a neon tutu or something - with a charity bucket, so if any passers by want to donate as I'm walking that would be great!



We are also required to make a dress out of recycled or used items for the Eco wear! The point is to spend as little money as possible and to be as creative as we can! I wont reveal too much, but after raiding my crafts box i can tell you it will involve a lot of feathers, bottletops and bin-liners! I will be starting on that next week so i will keep you all updated on my progress!

Eco-wear Miss Herts 2013
In between working I have been trying to keep a healthy diet and go to the gym. I can tell you that so far that has happened only once... But it was a successful gym session, my legs still feel like jelly! Its so hard finding the time to go, especially with job and the odd hours i work! And since I'm new to the gym scene, I rely on my gym buddy to go with me, and if they are tired too there is no way we will go! I will get better though!

                    
Not so healthy so far!

Cheeky Gym Selfie!

I'm still on the look out for a sponsor, so if any of you know of a company/business that would be interested in sponsoring me, please let me know via the comments or on twitter etc!

I have starting Vlogging! So expect to see some awkard videos of myself going up on YouTube and on here!

Thanks for reading everyone!

Love and Light
Gem

Song of the Day:
Sugar - Maroon 5



0 comments:

Post a Comment