Beauty With A Purpose Charity Work

This year I have organised a number of charity events to raise money for beauty with a purpose, a wonderful charity that helps disadvantaged children around the world.
To read more about this charity please read my previous blog post HERE.

In May I walked 14 miles from Barnes Bridge to Tower Hill with my friend Brooke.
It was a real challenge, and we both were hurting for days afterwards, but it was a great way to raise awareness. Doing the walk not only raised a lot of money, but it also gave me a small insight into how young children in poorer countries deal with having to walk miles everyday just to go to school, or even to get water.





I also arranged a 5-a-side football tournament for my colleagues at work.
My local gym had kindly donated the use of their sports hall and equipment for the match. A big thank you to Kelly for letting us use the hall!



We had 4 teams play for the trophy and medals. Kieran and the boys from Radiotherapy won the tournament after winning all 3 of their games. they played magnificentl, scoring over 14 goals in total! 



Kayleigh Rodriguez was voted  "man of the match" for her effort and determination!



The day was a huge success and we raised over £120

I also unleashed my inner Mary Berry and baked double chocolate cupcakes for my colleagues!
They went down a treat, with lots of compliments and requests for future flavours!



Football seems to do well with the charity fundraising, as I am also holding a sweep for the Euros!
With £120 in the pot, half of the money will go to beauty with a purpose and the other half to the sweep winner!



I want to thank everyone who has donated to BWP so far, you really have been amazing.
I know that I will continue to raise money for beauty with a purpose throughout the year! I have loads of ideas for events and will keep you all updated on the progress!



0 comments:

Post a Comment