How to propose to your bridesmaids, Plus 10 proposal ideas!

As from one of my previous posts, you will know that I am a big fan of Pinterest. 
And it was on there that I fell in love with the idea of proposing to your bridesmaids. 
This seems like quite an American thing to do – in the UK you kind of awkwardly ask “wanna be a bridesmaid?” followed by “ok cool” and a long sip of PG Tips tea…



I just thought it would be a nice gesture for my bridesmaids to arrange something cute for them, seeing as I will be bossing them about for the next year!

Create a Gift or Gesture to Give To Your Maids 

So I made each of my bridesmaids a box of goodies with things like a personalized robe, personalized Starbucks cup etc… to learn how you can make your own click the link HERE!
Alternatively, you could make a card, or a scrapbook of memories, a photo frame…. etc

Arrange a nice meal, outing, trip etc

Try and get your maids all in the same place – whether this is at your house, a restaurant, the Zoo… whatever! Try and make it special and memorable!
My first plan was to host at my mum's house and do an afternoon tea type thing, with balloons and decorations. However, it seemed a little far for my friends to travel and I also didn’t want them to suspect anything so decided on something a bit more low key!

I booked a place to have a girly brunch somewhere special and a little different! There is this restaurant in London called Coppa Club, where they have outdoor igloos that you can dine in – or in the summer they call them surfer shacks! They overlook the Thames River, where you can see Tower Bridge and the shard in the background. On a nice sunny day, it is a beautiful view, and we were lucky enough to be blessed with the sunshine on that day!

Tip for Coppa Club – The igloos/shacks go very quickly, so as soon as you know you want to go there, book ASAP. I had to book ours nearly 2 months in advance! Also, if you book for 6+ people, you’ll have the igloo/shack to yourself; otherwise you’ll have to share with others!

SURPRISE!

Try and keep it on the down low as much as possible. 
When I invited the girls to brunch I originally just invited them one at a time, implying it would be just me and them. That backfired when they all started talking to one another and figured out they were meeting me on the same day. Then I just created a Watsapp group called "girly brunch" and just said it had been ages since we all hung out so I’ve booked a nice place for casual brunch 

I got to the restaurant 20 minutes ahead of the girls and asked the waitress to put the boxes i had made (see here) in the girls’ place settings before we are brought to the table. That way the girls wouldn’t suspect anything if they saw me with a bunch of boxes in the waiting area!

Take Pictures

These will make such lovely memories as part of your wedding journey, try and take as many as you can! You can even secretly video their reactions! I did this when I asked my sister to be my maid of honour!

I don’t think I got any pictures of them on the table settings – we were all a bit excited to open them!
I did get a few pictures of the after math though!



Here are some other proposal ideas I came across on Pinterest!

1. Gift box
like the ones I created! How to HERE
DIY Bridesmaid Proposal Box


2. Picture frame
A photograoh of you and your maid with a message asking them to be your bridesmaid

From Pinterest

3. Jewellery
You can get these from places like etsy, which come with a little proposal card too! So cute!

From Pinterest

4. Scratch Card
A fun way to propose! 

From Pinterest


5. Cake
Break out your baking skills! Try making cupcakes and stick a little proposal message on top!

From Pinterest

6. Customised Mug or Glass
These are super cute and loved by everyone!

From Pinterest


7. Balloon with hidden message inside
Messy, but fun! Have a vacuum cleaner on hand!

From Pinterest


8. Puzzle
Another fun one!

From Pinterest


9. Personalised T-shirts
These would be great to take along to your hen too! How cute are these F.R.I.E.N.D.S inspired ones!?

From Pinterest


10. Simple proposal card
You can find these on etsy or even ones that have drawings made to look like you and your maids!

From my DIY proposal boxes!
I hope this post has given you a few ideas on how to propose to your bridesmaids! If you have any more suggestions please do comment below!

Gem x

0 comments:

Post a Comment