Pore Minimising Skincare Routine

Hey Girlies!

For the past month I have been trying out a new skincare routine to minimize my pores. 





What are pores?
We humans are covered in hair. And for every hair there is a corresponding PORE. A pore is a tiny opening in the skin from which a natural oil called sebum comes out of after its secretion from the sebaceous glands situated within the skin layers.

Why do we have them?
Pores are very important as it keeps our skin hydrated and prevents it from drying out or becoming damaged. They cover every surface of our skin which has hair, and are particularly active on our face, back chest and scalp.

Are they visible?
Some people are blessed with skin on which their pores are hardly noticeable. Other people have pores that are rather large and visible. Think of an orange and its peel. Try and categorize your skin when it is clean with no products on your face and scale it from 1-5 on the likeness to orange peel!

1-2 Category:     If you think you fall into this category it is most likely that your pores are not visible at all, or barely noticeable. If you have very small pores you are most likely to have a DRY skin type, as your pores are so small, hardly any sebum is allowed through to hydrate the skin naturally.

3 Category:         If you have put yourself in this category it means that you can see your pores, but they are not quite as consistent as the pores of orange peel. You are most likely to have a NORMAL skin type, with smooth and supple skin that doesn’t require much moisturizing. Lucky you!

4-5 Category:     This means that you think your skin resembles orange peel and have very large and visible pores. It is most likely that you have an OILY skin type. A lot of sebum is allowed to pass onto your skin, which means that you may find that your face gets very shiny very quickly during the day.

COMBINATION: skin is where you have a combination of all three traits above but at different places on your skin. I fall into this category. My forehead, nose and chin (T-zone) have large pores and can get very shiny, whereas the rest of my face stays rather normal.

Do not despair! There are ways of minimizing your pores and getting the flawless skin you have always dreamed of.

For this post I will be talking about a skin care routine I have adopted to try and minimize these problems. For the past month I have been using these products:

Garnier Pure Active 3 in 1 Wash Scrub and mask:            £5.99 Boots

Garnier Pure Active Pore Purifying Toner:                       £3.99 Superdrug

Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Shine Control Moisturizer:      £3.99 Superdrug

Nivea Express hydration Primer:                                   £4.99 Superdrug


They say the best way to get healthy skin is to CLEANSE TONE MOISTURISE.

The Garnier products were chosen to do specifically that.






After a week, I really saw some improvement in my pores on my T-Zone. The blackheads that were clogging my large pores were disintegrating and I was getting a lot less shine throughout the day. I really specifically like the 3 in 1 scrub. Twice a week I used it as a face mask to even out my skin tone a bit, and saw rapid improvement. It also helped to mattify my T-Zone which was brilliant. I really recommend this product!



The toner I was not a big fan of.  It contains Zinc to help tighten pores and reduce the amount of oils released onto your skin. It smells a little alcohol like and stung my face a bit. Although it helped shrink my pores and get rid of black heads, it temporarily brought me out in a red rash and made my skin feel quite raw. I was also getting the odd blemish here and there, and quite angry ones too! I don’t think I will be using this as often as every day, which Garnier recommends. My skin can be a little sensitive to strong products so, I wouldn’t recommend this if you have sensitive skin. Or if you really do want to use it, then don’t use it every day as it could make your skin breakout!




The shine control moisturizer did the job of reducing shine along my t-zone, but didn’t moisturize the rest of my face enough! It has white clay in the formula which helps to absorb oils, and also like the toner contains zinc for antibacterial purposes and pore shrinking. I had a feeling this product wouldn’t fully fork for me when I purchased it so I got the Nivea Primer also. 



This primer is targets normal-combination skin, so was perfect for me. It helped control shine along my T-Zone and helped keep my face hydrated throughout the day! It also kept my makeup in place which was a bonus! If you have oily skin all over your face, definitely try the Garnier moisturizer, but if you have combination skin you’re better off with the Nivea primer!


Primers are an excellent product to have to minimize pores as they help to fill fine lines and smooth out the skin by blurring and diffusing the light hitting your skin. The baby skin primer that I reviews a few months back is a brilliant primer to reduce the appearance of pores. 

However I know that some people do not like the consistency of the gel primers. Therefore I recommend the Nivea Express hydration primer, as its constancy is halfway between a primer and a light moisturizer. It doesn’t leave the skin feeling greasy or soggy, and feels virtually weightless. I love this product and would recommend it to anyone.

But remember, primers do not reduce pores themselves, they only reduce the appearance. Take out a good skin care routine like this one designed to unclog and shrink the pores a little. Just remember that by reducing your pores you are reducing your skins natural hydration, so compensate using the right moisturizer for you and eat healthily to reduce sebum production. You can also increase your water intake to help keep your skin healthy!

I hope you all found this informative and enjoyed reading it! 


If you would like more advice on skincare for other reasons, such as acne or just keeping it healthy then please do not hesitate to ask! 


I love hearing your comments and suggestions! This post was inspired by a request from one of my old friends from high school, Colleen! Thank you for the inspiration and I hope this helps!

Love and Light, 

Gem

xxx

Song of the day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN5X4kGhAtU
Empire of the sun - Walking On A Dream





0 comments:

Post a Comment