My Sunny Weekend in London

Hey Girlies!

How amazing was the weather this weekend? It was so sunny and warm, and just the perfect weekend. I hope you all experienced the same weather we did here in London.

For those of you who haven’t a clue about what I’m talking about, the weather in England, particularly London has been so dreary – wet and windy and just very cold. So this weekend we had two random days where the sun was shining, there was hardly any wind and the temperature stayed between 16-20 degrees C.

This weekend I stayed with my boyfriend. We woke up nice and early and got ourselves ready for the day. 

                                        
After breakfast we headed down to central London and went for a wander around Tottenham Court Road. We came across this little café called Yumchaa and decided to stop for some tea and scones. I am a MASSIVE fan of tea and am always on the look-out for new cute little places to have a cuppa. I am actually in the progress of writing a “Top 5 Places for Tea” post with a bit on “Tea on a Budget”, so look out for that! My boyfriend and I have actually been to the other branch in Camden before, so we were delighted to find another store. 

We sat here for a while and enjoyed our tea with the sun shining through the windows. 

I love this café; the interior design is just so cute, what with all the wooden high-beams, brick walls, mismatch table and chairs and the Victorian-like picture frames hanging on the walls. It’s a very airy and bright place, the sort of place that instantly lifts your mood. Better than any Starbucks or Costa could do anyway (even though I do love myself a Starbucks/costa here and there!).


Next we walked down to oxford circus. Near the station we came across this drummer who was playing on a drum kit made from a bike! He was really good and I was so impressed with what he could do. In the evening I went home and googled him and it turns out that he is an Australian who came to London and started to learn percussion after he was inspired to build a drum kit attached to his bike while fixing a puncture on his bike in Green Park London! He has performed at some pretty cool places such as the Brits after party 2013! 

I thought he was pretty cool, so check out his videos! Link to his website and YouTube below!

Puncture Kit Youtube.





We went for a wander into Holland and Barratt and I came across the Gold Collagen drink. I’ve seen this advertised on the tube and have always wondered what it tastes like! I gave it a go and was surprised to find that it tasted quite good! This may be a future review for you guys, as the product needs to be taken daily for 1-2 months before the effects start to work, so let me know in the comments or via my twitter (@littlegem92) if you are interested in a review!

I met my dad and his friends in the evening for a drink down in Richmond, unfortunately I forgot my camera and I wish I hadn’t because the place was so pretty! It was the White Cross pub, just across from a river. It looked really nice as the sun went down. Very relaxing! I also was reunited with my god-father whom I haven’t seen in 14 years, so that was pretty cool!




Sunday was even hotter than Saturday and I spent it in my garden, sunbathing with my family and having a little BBQ for dinner.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend in the sun; I’d love to hear what you’ve all been up to!




By the way, I have been inspired by the sunny weekend to do a “Say No to Trousers” week, where I wear only skirts, dresses and shorts for a full week! It started today, so keep your eyes open this weekend for a full post!

Thanks for reading guys!

Love and Light,
Gem 

xxx



Song of the day:

Klangkarussell - Sonnentanz ft. Will Heard


0 comments:

Post a Comment