Say No to Trousers Week!

Hey Girlies!

Quite promising weather! 
As you know from one of my last posts, I have been inspired to do a “Say No to Trousers Week”. 


This is pretty weird of me to do, but I was so inspired by a sunny weekend we had recently to wear all of my spring/summer clothes! I just can’t wait for the sun! Plus I am known to ALWAYS wear jeans… and it can get a bit boring and unflattering. Wearing something different, especially if it’s not trousers, does make you feel very feminine and boosts your confidence a little to ready yourself for the spring and summer trends of bare legs. So it’s kind of like priming your legs for the warmer days!



I will post pictures of what I have been wearing each day for this week. Please leave your comments or contact me via twitter if you like what you see! And let me know what you’ve all been wearing to ready yourself for summer!

By the way, please ignore my Exam Eyebrows (as I call them), I have been so busy revising and doing stuff for Uni I’ve hardly had time to pop into the salon to allow the beautician to attack my eyebrows with a weed-whacker…

DAY 1 – MONDAY

Today I decided to ease myself in gently to the NO TROUSERS week and wear shorts. I wore them with tights underneath, so I didn’t freeze to death in this typical temperamental weather. Thank goodness I did, it was sunny when I left for work and FREEZING when I got off the train in London!

primark


I teamed it with a dark blue tribal print leotard and a stripy grey and white sleeveless knitted waterfall cardigan. I thought that the contrasting patterns would look quite cool, and also that’s how I found it on the manikin in Forever 21! The Shorts are from Primark. I wore some dark brown leather boots with it. I can’t remember where these were from, I’ve had them for years, but they are pretty standard and you could probably get some equivalent from New Look. My necklace is also from Forever 21, and is well loved. I wear this with practically everything… literally…

primark




So todays outfit was kind of tribal meets cowboy… sort of like the old Miley Cyrus days before she went total whacko and hacked off all her hair… (Love you Miley!) – Think Party in the USA video!




DAY 2 – TUESDAY

gemma fenlon beauty blogger
Tuesdays are usually one of my busiest days of the week, so I decided to play it simple and wear a maroon skater dress I had bought from Primark a few weeks ago. I’ve never been the biggest fan of this dress as it doesn’t seem to sit right on my body. The hemline comes down a bit too far and makes the dress look quite old fashioned. If it was a little shorter I think this dress would look a lot nicer. Also the material is a bit thin, so showed all if my lumpy bits!

gemma fenlon beauty bloggerI wanted to wear a dress today because I wanted to feel a bit more feminine. Yesterday I wore shorts so I thought I’d go full in dress. I accessorised with the same necklace I wore yesterday from forever 21 and tied my hair back in a high pony, and added two bobbles down the length of my hair to give it a princess Jasmine kind of look! This adds a bit of interest to a standard pony and is really easy to do!
Again I wore my brown boots, as I do a lot of walking on my journey to and from work, so I played it safe!


Not my favourite outfit, but hey at least I stuck to my NO TROUSERS rule!

DAY 3 - WEDNESDAY


miss selfridgeToday was the day that I went to get my haircut at Hob salon in Camden. After I got my hair cut, I had planned to meet up with my boyfriend and go out somewhere nice. So I wanted to wear something that looked casual during the day that could be glammed up a bit in the evening.

So I chose this simple dress that I bought a couple of years ago from Primark. It’s a navy blue dress that is not too short and looks quite cute. It has a lace collar which can be buttoned up all the way and a string bow. It kind of reminds me of the Tudor times, or maybe even Victorian times, but modernised. Usually I would wear this with a small black belt round the waist, but I wanted the freedom to move as I would be running around London, sitting down for long periods of time, eating loads…


miss selfridge

I teamed this dress with my favourite Chelsea boots from Miss Selfridge, some faux pearl bracelets from accessorize and my special tennis bracelet from Swarovski that was given to me as a present by my boyfriend.

In the evening, it was a bit chilly, so I decided to wrap up with my faux fur coat. One of the best ways to glam up a simple outfit such as this one is to throw on a statement piece of clothing or jewellery, such as big sparkly earrings, or a big coat! Or you could even do statement makeup with a bold lip or dramatic Smokey eyes!



zara


DAY 4 - THURSDAY

This outfit is one of my favourite outfits. I don’t know why I love it so much, it’s so preppy and school-girl like!


I wore my green and black tartan print skirt from Zara with a sheer white blouse from H&M. There’s something so elegant about a sheer blouse. It’s so feminine and pretty and just smartens up any outfit you put together. I love to wear this shirt with jeans, as it takes away the casual and laziness of the jeans and adds a bit of glamour and class to the outfit.


zaraI was shopping in Primark a couple of months ago and came across this little chain with crosses on that can be pinned to the collar of a shirt or blouse. I love to wear my shirt/blouses buttoned up to the top, so adding this small detailed chain adds some sparkle to an otherwise plain shirt. It’s such a minor adjustment but can look so chic and cute at the same time!


I wore this outfit with some sandy brown wedge heels from Primark and my Michael Kors watch I got for my 21st from my mum. I absolutely adore this watch, it goes with everything I own and is just too cute to not wear! I chose it in rose gold, as this type of metal colour goes well with my dark olivey skin tone.

DAY 5 - FRIDAY

h&mThank God it’s Friday! I love Fridays, it’s such a wonderful feeling to wake up at 7 in the morning and think “the weekend is just 10 hours away!”

The night before I put this outfit together I was watching a lot of Taylor Momson videos. For those of you who don’t know who she is, Taylor Momson used to play Jenny, or Little J, in Gossip Girl. These days she has turned into somewhat of a rock chick and dresses all gothic like with dark makeup and gothic clothing. 

h&m zara
So when it came to choosing my outfit for Friday, I guess I was kind of inspired and decided to go all rock chick too and wear a monochrome cross print mini skirt from H&M with my black Chelsea boots. I was going to wear a black jumper too, but I decided to add a bit of colour and go with my gold/mustard colour jumper from Forever 21 teamed with my favourite necklace from Forever 21.

I kept my hair straight for this look and parted it near the middle, and attempted a Taylor Momson inspired make up look with lots of dark brown eye shadow and black eyeliner. If you want to see a more detailed tutorial on how to get this makeup look, comment below and I just might do a blog post on how to get the Taylor Momson look!


I have to say, I really like this gothic/rock chick look on me! I was quite self-conscious wearing this look, but I got a lot of compliments!

h&m miss selfridge
DAY 6 - SATURDAY

On Saturday, I didn’t really do too much during the day, so my outfit I put together was for when I went out in the evening to meet some friends at a bar.

I wore a multi-coloured midi-dress from H&M with my black leather jacket from Zara and my favourite Chelsea boots again! I really do love my boots, they are so versatile! A lot of places like River Island and Topshop are still doing these types of shoes, so if you like them get down to your local shopping centre and go on a shoe hunt before all the stock changes for summer and it’s all pumps and sandals!


miss selfridge h&m
The place I was going to meet my friends was rather posh so I decided to curl my hair and sweep it to the side for a classic look. I also wore simple makeup on the face with a strong red lip. I used Maybelline baby lips tint (the red one) with Ruby Woo by MAC over the top. To finish I added a coat of Revlon Embellished lip gloss, a dark currant-purple lip gloss to darken the red a little, as I’ve found that Ruby Woo is a bit bright for me, and I’m not so confident wearing such a bright colour on its own!

I wore this dress with my black blazor over the top to smarten it up a little, and to keep me warm! It was quite chilly when the sun went down! Why did I ever do this to myself! I miss my jeans!


miss selfridge h&mDAY 7 - SUNDAY

Today was my last day of Say No to Trousers, and I can’t say that I’m not pleased. It has been harder than I expected to keep up with my rule, especially since the weather was not always as warm as it promised on the forecast!

Because I got so many compliments on my gothic/rock chick look on Friday, I decided to try it out again with my maxi skirt from Forever 21. Like the skirt I wore on Friday, it had a black and white cross print, but with a slit up one of the sides. I wore this skirt with a leather crop top and my black boots. So very rock/gothic like! Again I tried out my dark Smokey eyes and wore it with a nude lip.

forever 21 miss selfridge


I also got loads of compliments on this outfit! People seem to think that this dark rock chick thing suits me! Maybe it will be something I experiment with more in the future, but at the moment I am quite happy with my usual girly/preppy look!







If you liked any of my outfits, please comment below, I would love to hear what you all think!
I hope you enjoyed reading this guys, why don’t you try out my Say No to Trousers challenge? If you do, let me know how you get on!

#saynototrousers

Love and Light,

Gem
xxx

Song of the day:
Madonna - Vogue

0 comments:

Post a Comment