Maybelline Mini Haul and Reviews

Hey girlies :)

After my first exam last week I went down to Superdrug to treat myself to a few new products! 


I had heard that Maybelline had brought out a new primer and pore eraser called “Baby Skin”. I was quite impressed with their lip balms – “Baby Lips”, so I thought I’d give it a go and review it for you guys! I haven’t seen any advertisements for it yet, so this should give you a first impression on what it’s like.

Initially I expected the tube to be a little bigger, but I was very surprised to see that it was quite small, especially since it cost £7.99. But after I tested it in the store I saw that a little goes a long way, so the price and size is justified. The formula is so smooth and rich, you only need a little squeeze and it glides on effortlessly and covers the whole of your face. It’s clear and has no colour so no need to colour match. 

The packaging is super cute: baby blue and pink and miniature so it can easily fit into your makeup bag. A lot of primers come in a big bulky packaging; I always find I have to leave them at home when I go away, so this one is perfect for travelling. 

It also duos as a pore-eraser, so it saves a lot of space in your makeup bag!
It is quite effective as a pore eraser; I noticed my skin looked noticeably smoother with just the primer on. 

The product claims to mattify the skin by absorbing the oil on the skin. I get quite oily around my nose during the day, and I found that it didn’t really absorb much! In fact it felt quite uncomfortable, so I had to blot a little. However it did control shine across the rest of my face and held my makeup well all day. So I would definitely recommend this product if you have dry to normal skin.

Overall this product is a good buy; it does what you expect it too and is reasonably priced. I have also heard that it is virtually the same as the Smashbox photo-finish primer, so this would be a good drug-store dupe.




The next thing I found is the new Maybelline Falsies Big Eyes Mascara - £8.99 Superdrug.
When I saw this in the stor
e, I thought that this mascara would be amazing. I am a big fan of Maybelline mascaras and especially like the Maybelline Falsies. 



This mascara is duo mascara for the top and bottom lashes. It has a wand and formula for the top and another smaller wand for the bottom lashes. It claims to volumise and “push-up” the top lashes and grab every last lash on the bottom, widening the eyes and giving the appearance of “Big Eyes”.

I was not impressed with this mascara. I feel that it does not do what it claims to: it only lengthens and does not push up my lashes at all. In fact it made my lashes look very spidery, thin and brittle and the formula was a little clumpy, so I recommend not applying more than one coat.

Although I was disappointed with the upper lash mascara, I really like the bottom lash mascara. The brush is smaller and thinner and doesn’t load too much formula on the brush, so I don’t have to worry about over loading my bottom lashes with clumpy mascara. It applies just enough mascara to lightly coat the lashes without getting messy!
It is quite waterproof too, so that’s another advantage to it!

I’d definitely recommend the mascara for the bottom lash part of it, but I’m not loving the top lash part! Sorry Maybelline! :(

The final product I bought was the Maybelline Lasting Drama Pen Gel Eyeliner - £8.99 Superdrug.

This product really appealed to me, as I love gel eyeliner, but I find it hard to apply it perfectly: it takes me ages to get it right with a brush!
This product is designed to give you the gel finish with the ease of application. The tip is an angled silicon nib from where the gel formula comes out of. To release the gel you twist the bottom of the pen until you hear a click.

I absolutely LOVE this product, it really takes the time out of application; creating winged eyeliner is effortless. The formula is really black, so I don’t have to keep going over it to create a deep black line.

The formula is waterproof and smudge-proof, and when I say waterproof I mean really waterproof. It doesn’t budge! I’ve worn it throughout the day, even overnight and in the shower and it STILL DOESN’T COME OFF! I didn’t realise how strong it was when I was testing it in the store, I walked out with black lines on the back of my hand and had to carry on shopping like that because it didn’t come off when I tried to wash off it in the toilets! So I do recommend that you invest in some strong makeup wipes that remove waterproof eye makeup! The advertisements claim that it lasts up to 36 hours and I really do agree! It would probably last longer if you left it long enough…

Only fault I’ve found with it is that it takes more than one “click” to get the product to come out, when it claims it takes only one twist or “click”. Apart from that, this product is actual genius and perfect for those long nights out or a long days travelling.

So that’s all the products I bought this time round, I hope you found my reviews helpful! Please leave a comment if you have tried this product too and have something to add, or even a difference of opinion! Make-up sits differently on the skin for everyone, so I’d love to hear your take on any of the products I review!

Thanks for reading guys!

Love and Light

Gem
xxx

Coming soon:

The Currant Trend
How To Get Perfect Pins For Summer
Shopping For A High End Foundation

Song of the Day:

Lorde - Royals

0 comments:

Post a Comment